EmDebian, as an active project, provides different tools, some of them are from other parties
- Cross toolchain - EmDebian has been focusing on having a cross toolchain in sync with Debian proper. You can view the current packages, built for i386 and amd64. Toolchains are available to build arm, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc and sparc for gcc-3.3, gcc-3.4, gcc-4.0, gcc-4.1 and gcc-4.2. Packages are also available for gcc-4.1 and gcc-4.2 to build arm on powerpc.
pdebuild-cross - pbuilder support for cross-building using Emdebian toolchains.
xapt - retrieve, build and install libraries for cross-compiling without the complexity of apt-cross.
multistrap - creation of foreign or native root filesystems and chroots.
emdebian-grip - base package to reduce package sizes; used by Grip, Crush and Baked.
emdebian-crush - toolset to help cross-build debian packages. emdebian-buildsupport has migrated to pdebuild-cross and multistrap support. emdebian-crush is based dpkg-cross and xapt. dpkg-cross is gradually being merged back into dpkg and apt-cross has been removed from Squeeze. xapt is available in Debian experimental or from the Emdebian toolchain repository for unstable.
QMake support - use this qmake.conf file as a starter when preparing projects to cross-build against Qt. (This is not the same as cross-building Qt itself, this is to support building applications which use Qt.)
- Emdebian Bootldr - As this is very dependent on hardware. EmDebian provides some links to others sites that provide some really good stuff.
- Emdebian Kernel - As kernel is a component that need to be really customized for an Embedded system, grab a copy and try to compile it for your platform with cross tools.
- Emdebian JTAG - Maybe you need JTAG Chain to debug or programming, this points to some nice projects on JTAG.
- Scratchbox - Movial's project. It is tool to help in cross buildings. Really good support for ARM devices.
- QEmu - Other arches emulator.
Back to the Emdebian Project homepage.